- you are a trade unionist (in full-time employment, a shopsteward and/or voluntary involvement) or are otherwise active in the labour movement;
- you are committed to employing your new skills in labour-related issues;
- you are motivated to pass your acquired knowledge on to others;
- you have at least a School Leaving Certificate (in exceptional circumstances we can also recognise prior learning for those who do not have school leaving certificates); those with tertiary degrees are also encouraged to apply;
- you have at least three years’ labour-related work experience;
- you are responsible or will become responsible for labour-related policies in an organisation representing workers or dealing with labour issues; and
- you have a good command of English, are able to express yourself in writing and willing to participate actively in courses (see below).
A TOEFL (IBT) score of 60 points or higher or a score of 5.5 or higher in IELTS; or you have been taught in English up to your School Leaving Certificate or your tertiary degree programme.
We have moved to an ONLINE application process. We NO LONGER accept emailed or hardcopy mailed application packages. To apply online, please go to: https://www.wits.ac.za/zahrah/display/external/public/392/MVHDwPrabU#section-intro
Please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM which registers your application online. This process will take you to a webpage where you must upload the following documents (in English) online to complete the application process:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume
- Your Personal Motivational letter
- An Official Letter of Recommendation by your Union/Organisation endorsing your application
- Copies of your academic certificates