Previous Alumni Summer School
GLU Alumni Summer School / Applied Research School (AARS), 22 - 28 September 2011, Johannesburg, South Africa
The fifth GLU Alumni Summer School is organised jointly by the Universities of the Witwatersrand, Kassel and the Berlin School of Economics and Law. The Summer School will bring together former and current GLU students, as well as professors and trade union experts from the GLU network. The Summer School is intended to strengthen the network links between former GLU students and to explore possibilities for future research collaboration. Under the broad theme of Prospects for an Economic Recovery and Labour?s Response to the Crisis we will be discussing the following major topics and questions at the Summer School:
- Is there a recovery and for what should labour be prepared?
- Labour?s role in the struggles, uprisings and revolutions in North Africa and Middle East
- Workers? struggles around the world: what are the lessons/alternatives?
- A labour perspective on the climate change and the environment
- Presenting the results of the current research projects
- Establishing new research projects
Presenters will include guest lecturers from the GLU partner universities of Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil, and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), India, as well as representatives from the ILO, South Africa ministries and labour related organisations.
Reef Hotel, 58 Anderson Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, Tel No: +27 (0)11 689 1000 www.reefhotels.co.za