GLU Alumni Summer School, 14 - 24 September 2009, Berlin
- Summer school programme 14.-24.9.09
- Conference programme 21./22.9.09
- List of Alumni participants
- Timetable of Alumni presentations 14./15.9.09
- Agenda GLU Int. Steering Committee Meeting 19.9.09
Please download (pdf) here the
- ICDD conference programme 17./18.9.09
- List of Participants
- Map: 17.9. 12.30, Informal get together in Brasserie
- Map: 17.9. 14.00, Meeting at Wissenschaftsforum
- Map: 17.9. 19.30, Dinner at Restaurant Casalot
- Map: 18.9. 9.15, ICDD meeting at IG Metall training center Am Pichelssee
Outline - Summer School
Former GLU students (alumni) are cordially invited to participate in the third GLU Alumni Summer School, organised jointly by the University of Kassel and the Berlin School of Economics and Law. The GLU summer school will bring together GLU alumni and current GLU students, as well as professors and trade union experts from the GLU network. The summer school is intended to strengthen the network links between GLU alumni and to explore possibilities for future research collaboration.
The main theme of presentations & discussions will be about the Current Financial and Economic Crisis and Labour Responses. There will also be presentations by alumni on a thematic research topic to be announced.
Presenters will include guest lecturers from the GLU partner universities of Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil, and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), India as well as representatives from the ILO and other organisations.
Food (1st week), small food allowance (19./20.9. & 2nd week), accommodation, public transport tickets and return flights will be provided for GLU Alumni as part of the summer school. Taxi costs will only be refunded in exceptional cases.
For further information please contact GLU Alumni Summer School Coordinator Harald Kroeck at harald.kroeck(at)global-labour-university.org